Friday, December 25, 2009

Well, Hi there and Happy Christmas to anyone out there in cyberspace who happens to be following this little account of my boat building activities. More progress has been made over the last few weeks and the end of the build is now in sight - over the last two weeks I have re-built my trailer, finished thh interior work and have applied 6 coats of varnish to the inside, oars and floorboards. Can't show you any photos of the inside at this stage, but here are the oars to give a sneak preview...



























































She's now turned over and after a nice Boxing Day sanding (thanks to my son-in-law Thomas for the helping hand) I've got the first coat of primer on. I'm using the Epiglass single pot system and will be going for a traditional white... here she is with a grey primer coat on...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeremy,
    Bob here. The oars turned out great. At the rate your building you will probably launch before I will. I have the interior primed and partly sanded but weather good enough to paint has been scarce here lately.

    ReplyDelete