Saturday, December 31, 2011

After further interruptions I finally managed to get back to the task of finishing this project. The interior finishing seemed to take a disproportionate amount of time, with even small tasks being quite tricky and time consuming.
However, all is now complete and we are just waiting for some decent weather to go for a spin. Final tasks included polyurethaning the deck and sides - I used Uroxsys which cost 50% more than some other options but it was great to use and has given a really nice finish, only spoiled by the dust that was impossible to avoid given I did it in the garage. Fitted the windscreen - 6mm green-tinted hardened glass. Got the upholstery done in green marine vinyl - reckon it looks really nice too. Fitting the motor and steering and remotes probably took the most time and was the most painful too - working upside down hanging over the sides with my glasses hanging off the end of my nose was a most frustrating task! However, all seems to be working, the only worry being that the 1968 Evinrude Fastwin will be up to the task - she blows heaps of smoke and seems to spread an ocean of oil in the rubbish tin I've had her running in! More photos to come later when the maiden voyage happens, but these for now:

No comments:

Post a Comment